Monday, November 1, 2010

JMO about Distracted Drivers

WTF is going on w/people doing 15 things while driving nowadays???!!!!??? On my way to work I am constantly  dodging distracted drivers & I'm tired of it.  Every time I think I've seen the worst offender I see some one doing something worse.  People talking on their cell phones unfortunately have become the norm.  I mean I see people engaging in in-depth convos 8 in the freakin morning.  Who the F are they talking to that early in the morning?? The other day I witnessed a kid driving w/his cell phone above the steering wheel so he could text while he was driving.  WTF???  Who does that??

On my way to D.C. I saw a lady drive w/papers on the steering wheel and the lights inside her car on b/c she was reading while driving on THE TURNPIKE!!! Can you freakin believe it??? This chick was not only risking her life to read whatever the f she was reading but she was also risking mine and I didn't even get a chance to read the oh so interesting pile of papers.  SMH.

Finally, while riding on the infamous NJ turnpike, I seen the worst offender of them all.  This one guy was driving on the turnpike w/his light on and rather slow in the fast lane so of course nosey me had to see what he was doing.  He just kept turning his head to the backseat rather suspiciously.  My mom insisted that he must have had a baby in the backseat and was just checking on the baby.  WRONG!!!! Home slice was getting his doo rag to put on his head.  Once he retrieved the doo rag he then proceeded to put it on his head & smooth and tie it also.  *BBM HUH? face*  Oh wait I forgot to add that he then removed it, brushed his hair, re-applied the doo rag and then tied it.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This must stop!!!!

As a result of this I must make the following PSA:  When you're driving you should be doing just that... DRIVING.  Please stop risking my life and others so you can chat w/your boo, text msg some random broads, tweet to celebs & party promoters who could care less about your random thoughts, facebook people you haven't seen in decades to inform them of your every move, read your final draft of your brief bef you turn it in @ school or adjust your doo-rag!!!

#JMO

No comments:

Post a Comment